usb speaker question

Reaction score
so recently i got the tip of my headphones stuck in the audio jack of my macbook . now there is no sound coming out of the built in speakers, i have no warranty and the cost to fix this is extremely expensive. now here is my question. if i was to buy portable usb speakers. powered by usb will the sound come out of the speakers or will the tip of the headphones still disable the sound? any helping comments is appreciated :\

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Unless you remove that headphone tip, all speakers will be disabled. Have you Googled for answers to the problem? I've read posts where folks have been able to remove a broken headphone tip using some ingenious methods.

Regards.

OP
F
Reaction score
the tip of the headphones are stuck in there for good. so you are sure that if i buy speakers they wouldnt work because of the tip of the headphones?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
It won't work, don't even try buying somehting until you know for sure you got the one unstuck. Everyone says "it's stuck in there for good", then they say they got it out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.