How can i use bandwidth more efficiently or steal more from server

Reaction score
Is there any mac app that will help my internet run faster? The server here puts out internet to a ton of people and everyone kinda just gets scraps. is there anything i can do to either steal more bandwidth or increase efficiency?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Tell us a bit more about your Internet Service Provider (ISP)...

OP
J
Reaction score
I'm in Iraq. Ther server is called "radius Cafe" its an American service brought from the states that Soldiers Pay for on a monthly basis. You log on and you are brought to a log on page where you type in a username and password. At that point you are granted internet access.

its suppose to run at

Rx Datarate: 128 Kbits per sec
Tx Datarate: 128 Kbits per sec

But does not even come close to that rate. I'm actually on a PC right now (which is a LARGE portion of my frustration right now) My macbook is on the and should be here in about 5 day (MY FIRST ONE IM SOOOO STOKED!) I'm just trying to plan ahead and how i can get the absolute most out of every little kbit i can muster.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I'm in Iraq. Ther server is called "radius Cafe" its an American service brought from the states that Soldiers Pay for on a monthly basis. You log on and you are brought to a log on page where you type in a username and password. At that point you are granted internet access.

its suppose to run at

Rx Datarate: 128 Kbits per sec
Tx Datarate: 128 Kbits per sec

But does not even come close to that rate. I'm actually on a PC right now (which is a LARGE portion of my frustration right now) My macbook is on the and should be here in about 5 day (MY FIRST ONE IM SOOOO STOKED!) I'm just trying to plan ahead and how i can get the absolute most out of every little kbit i can muster.

That's going to be a very difficult question to answer, since we know so little of the service. I would imagine the backbone is very limited, given the infrastructure there.

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help, but I do want to take the opportunity to say thanks for your service.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.