Matsushita DVD-R UJ-857

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.16GHz Intel Core Duo, 2GB Ram, 500GB HDD and Ipod 3G 16GB
Hi i purchased a used macbookpro from ebay about 2 months ago everything works fine on it apart from the Matsushita DVD-R UJ-857 whenever i insert a dvd it just spits it straight back out at me however seems to cope with cds no problem i flashed the firmware to see if that would improve things but made no difference.

as the unit is used i haven't got a warrenty so was wondering my best solution any ideas?

Im based in the UK are there any other drives that will fit besides the matshita I have previously only ever had pioneers on my pcs as a resent switcher i have had a look at the ifixit instructions to replace the drive is it as simple as made out.

just looking for ideas and or uk suppliers for a replacement drive i need this sorted asap as going on a ski season in italy on friday for 6 months and would like to be able to burn videos etc whilst out there. if the worst happens i will just buy an external are they all compatable with mac?

steve

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Have you tried a differnet brand of DVD media?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
just because its used, it may still have a warranty left. Id check

click on the apple in the menu, "about this mac", more info,copy serial.

paste into here. worth a shot to check,

https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

otherwise, try maybe ifixit.com

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.