Application menu on Dock

Reaction score
I have application icon put on Dock. When I click on the application icon (on Dock) it should show the menu similar to 'Downloads' menu which pops up when user clicks on its Icon on doc.

Are there cocoa API's which I can use to bring this type of menu?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Right click on the Application Icon which is on the Dock. Choose from the menu how you wish for the items to be displayed. For example: Display as "Folder" or "Stack", and Display Content As "Grid", "Fan", etc. Test them all to see which you like best.

OP
R
Reaction score
Right click on the Application Icon which is on the Dock. Choose from the menu how you wish for the items to be displayed. For example: Display as "Folder" or "Stack", and Display Content As "Grid", "Fan", etc. Test them all to see which you like best.

Thanks for the reply.

I am developing custom application in cocoa. I am fairly new to using cocoa. I want that when I click on application ICON it should should show links to other applications in "fan" menu view.

Are there any API's or is there any configuration to achieve the same

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't know if it's possible to show links, but you can certainly have aliases display in the "fan" menu or any of the others.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.