Looking for new External HD in UK.

Reaction score
So my 320gb wd portable hd is running out of space. I currently have it split in 1/2 one bit for Time Machine back ups and the other for films, books, etc...

Wondering what anyone would recommend as the next upgrade? I'm in the UK and am looking at around 1tb so i wont have to buy a new one too soon. Looking for something that has usb and firewire connections. Not looking to spend more than £150 tops on it as well. The brands that seem most common here are WD and Seagate from what i have seen. My WD portable has never given me any trouble, but are there any brands people could recommend?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
All much the same, but if you look around you can get some killer deals.
If you can find a Maplin store, they are selling 1TB Seagate drives for £80, but you will easily get one for that if you hunt around.
Tesco (supermarket) also sell a 1TB Iomega for £90.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.