USB drivers help

Reaction score
Hello, this is one of my first posts so sorry for noobishness etc. , and I am pretty much a comouter newb too. If this is the wrong place to post this sorry but if it is you can move it, can't see anywhere else for it!

I just bought a PVR and after I have all the TV and xbox wires set up, and it displays video, I then plug in the USB and the screen goes blank and displays the no video message! I am thinking I need to update my USB because the PVR uses 2.0, but can I update it online or do I actually need to get hardware? My system is OS X 10.5.8 and I would really appreciate an answer, thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
If you have a powerPC Mac with USB 1.1, that's a hardware limitation, not a driver/software limitation.
If you have a Mac with PCI slots, USB 2.0 cards are very cheap.

OP
T
Reaction score
I think I have the PCI slots, but will I have to install the USB 2.0 card myself? Is there any one you recommend? I'm just pretty annoyed that it is not working, I suppose I should have checked it myself but still, it is pretty annoying.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
Installing PCI cards is very easy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
but will I have to install the USB 2.0 card
Which Mac are you using?

OP
T
Reaction score
Never mind, I checked the specs(Should have done before posting, I know) and it has 4 2.0 ports(All the ports are 2.0) But even though this is the case, it still wont work.

Now I know this is probably the easiest, most simple thing on Mac's and you can call me a person who does not deserve a computer, but if I dragged all the folders on the CD that game with the PVR into the Applications folder, is that the same as installing them?

I know its a ridiculous question but all other installable applications are that, but I don't know if its the same. And if that is not the answer, any suggestions?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.