Wrong Flash downloaded but I can't uninstall it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac7, OS 10.5.8, 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Greetings. I have an OS Ver 10.5.8 iMac. I wanted to access our library's language learning program (Mocha) online. Mocha said I needed a more current Flash player so I clicked on the Ok button. Behold, my Mac was clearly not up-to-date enough for what turned out to be Flash 11.1.etc, because anything requiring Flash is now pixelated and frantically blinks/flashes/reloads.

I used Flash Uninstaller to get rid of 11.1. The installer said it was successful so I downloaded the appropriate Flash Player for 10.5 but the problem is still there. I went to the Mocha site to see if it would ask for 11.1; Mocha recognizes it as my current Flash.

How can I truly rid my iMac of 11.1 and get back to my pre-Mocha Flash? Any help will be deeply appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Greetings. I have an OS Ver 10.5.8 iMac. I wanted to access our library's language learning program (Mocha) online. Mocha said I needed a more current Flash player so I clicked on the Ok button. Behold, my Mac was clearly not up-to-date enough for what turned out to be Flash 11.1.etc, because anything requiring Flash is now pixelated and frantically blinks/flashes/reloads.

I used Flash Uninstaller to get rid of 11.1. The installer said it was successful so I downloaded the appropriate Flash Player for 10.5 but the problem is still there. I went to the Mocha site to see if it would ask for 11.1; Mocha recognizes it as my current Flash.

How can I truly rid my iMac of 11.1 and get back to my pre-Mocha Flash? Any help will be deeply appreciated.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2666268?start=0&tstart=0

Check the comments regarding the plug-ins folder specifically.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.