Puff the magic devices

Reaction score
Hey guys-

Although I love my mac, there are a few things that confuse the **** out of me. The whole finder trick in leopard of dragging an item off the sidebar to watch it go poof looks and sounds awesome but where the **** does it go?

Lately I plug in my USB thumb drive, or my camera to USB, both of which have worked fine in the past, but now they don't show up in the finder, although as soon as I remove them, my mac yells at me for pulling the device out unsafely, so obviously it knows theyre there.

My idea is that I poofed them away one day, and now the finder doesn't think theyre important, when really I had no idea what I was doing...

I've looked online, but I can't seem to find anything that is going to help me. Actually I jsut had an idea to plug in a different thumb drive, and it registered. So my devices are lost in cyberspace (and yes they do work on other computers).

How do I get them back?

Thanks so much!

-Devon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.