upgrade went wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
i did a upgrade on my computer. it is a mac and its been telling my to upgrade for 2 mouths now and i finaly did it and now i have no tool bar that shows my clock, internet, my tools like the intertnet and games and stuff like that and its making me very mad. how do i get back my screens bar back? i cant even look at the windows i have open. if i want to close out of on thing i have to go up to file on my intertnet and clike quit... the only way i can get on the intertnet is i have to go to a picture on my desktop and hit firefox. i need help before i throw my computer aroce the room. plz help me!!!!!!!!

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi

Lots of people will be only too glad to offer their best; but firstly:

Can you give us your exact Model, year, type (iMac, MacPro etc), the operating system it was running BEFORE the Update and what you updated to please?

The more we know re specs etc the more able we are to help.

Ian

OP
M
Reaction score
im not sure on most of the stuff. its a gateway. it use to run windown xp on it into one day it did work no more. my uncle tried to fix it but couldnt so he had to chang everything into a mac. and that is all i know. the upgrade i dont know the name of it. i cant rember but it asked me to upgrade for like the last to mouths so i did it and now nothing is right. like i said in my thing. im sorry that i cant tell u more. i wish i could.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hullo again

Well to be honest, it's a little difficult to help you.

My recollection is that "Gateway" was a company making the hardware for PCs running Windows.

I can't work out how your Uncle or anyone could convert this to a Mac.

Did he buy a new machine? Macs are unique in that they are made by Apple (hardware, firmware, software) and sold through their own store, online or from an Apple shop.

Of course, e-bay and other sources could provide second hand models.

In any event, if you do have a genuine Apple Mac - On the monitor/screen, top left you will see an Apple symbol. Click on that and the drop down menu will include "About this Mac". This tells you all about the model & its specs. Copy them and post it here.

I just have this slight doubt that you might not have a Mac at all. Hopefully I'm wrong and if you follow these instructions, all will be revealed.

We'll do our best.

Ian

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
im not sure on most of the stuff. its a gateway. it use to run windown xp on it into one day it did work no more. my uncle tried to fix it but couldnt so he had to chang everything into a mac. and that is all i know. the upgrade i dont know the name of it. i cant rember but it asked me to upgrade for like the last to mouths so i did it and now nothing is right. like i said in my thing. im sorry that i cant tell u more. i wish i could.

Sorry, any discussion of a "Hackintosh" is off limits in these forums. No help will be provided. Thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.