Dropped my Ipad 2 and the screen is acting weird

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new to these forums but decided I would look to the web for advice before going to an Apple store.

So a while ago, I was sitting "indian style" on my front porch and dropped my iPad about an inch onto concrete on its top left corner. It is in a leather case, but even so, the screen went black. I could not get it to respond at all, so I tapped that same corner (the corner directly left of the front facing camera) on the same hard surface and poof! The screen comes back on.

Now, however, I have to do it a lot more often. It will be functioning fine but then certain colors on the screen willl get a greenish/bluish pigment and the screen will go black. Most of the time this disables all audio as well, such as screen locking sound or charging notification when it is plugged in.

Any ideas on what the problem is? Thank you.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Dropping it an inch shouldn't have caused anything internal to come loose especially if it was enclosed in a case which should have softened the shock somewhat. It looks like you had a bit of bad luck in that something indeed came loose. I would take it to your local Apple store. Since they don't repair iPads, (they replace them) it will cost you to get it swapped out. Usually they swap them for a refurbished unit.

OP
D
Reaction score
It's strange, it seems as if using it has saved it. The accident occured before I went out of town for a few days. I fixed it and left, then upon returning I figured it was fine. When I discovered that I couldn't keep the screen on I panicked. However, ever since then it has been fine and the problem hasn't reoccurred so I guess I am luck. It seems as if my normal usage of it has saved it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.