Mail Question

Reaction score
Since I updated to Mavericks (I wish I hadn’t), I find that I have to restart a lot to clear my memory and reset things. I’ve noticed that the Mail program only shows From, Subject, and Date Received. I have to manually tell it to show Mailbox every time I restart the machine. Is there something I can do to make Mailbox a default thing? It use to remember my setting with older versions of OS X.

Thanks

M

MacInWin

1. You shouldn't have to restart to clear memory. What makes you think memory and "reset things" is a problem?
2. In Mail, top bar, View, if you see "Show mailbox list," click it and the list will appear on the left. If you then leave it that way, it will show up when you open Mail again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.9 GHz 6-Core i9 MacOS 13.6; iPhone 6S; G4 Powerbook 12" 867Mhz 1152MB OS X 10.5.8.
You can also show add Mailbox to the columns shown.
In Mail, top bar, View, Columns, tick Mailbox.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Updated to version OS X.9.2 and be aware OS X.9.3 is due any day.

You do not give your computer specs, but if a McBook or Pro, did you do a clean install of Mavericks? Personally always do a format of the drive and a clean install of all new operating systems after backing up to an external drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.