How to uninstall google chrome completely?

Reaction score
Hey guys, recently my google chrome has been giving me problems and won't quit out when I close the application. The only way I can close is to force quit and then every time I open it up again I get the error that it wasn't shut down properly etc. I tried uninstalling chrome by dragging it to the trash and deleting then reinstalling but all of my settings are still there and so is the error. I just tried appzapper and that didn't help either. I also tried repairing the disk permission but that didn't work as well. If anyone has any info it'd be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You'll find the answer in the Google Chrome user forums. Here's is the thread and LINK that describes how to completely uninstall it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 27" 3.2GHz core i3. iphone 5. iPod classic 160g. macbook air 13" . apple tv.
Hi i use an app called ( clean my mac ) this removes all kinds of junk thats not needed and also has a feature for removing unwanted apps just by dragging them into the program. I have had to remove chrome myself this way after suffering problems with it. Good luck.

OP
L
Reaction score
Hi i use an app called ( clean my mac ) this removes all kinds of junk thats not needed and also has a feature for removing unwanted apps just by dragging them into the program. I have had to remove chrome myself this way after suffering problems with it. Good luck.

This was the only solution that worked, thanks again! Had to buy the program but it's well worth it, chrome was driving me nuts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5in iMac
CleanMyMac has often been known to do too good a job of cleaning a Mac and, in a lot of cases, to do more harm than good!

Generally speaking, the Spotlight search approach is the most effective method of deleting problem Apps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.