Transferring pictures FROM macbook pro TO iphone?

Reaction score
How do i send pictures my computer to my iphone? I've read about pc suite, is there a program like that for the macbook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
If you havent got the photos you want to sync in iphoto, import them and sync in itunes with your iphone......simple

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.14ghz || 120GB || IPHONE 3G 8GB JBken 4GB RAM || <3
Click the iPhone on the left navigation window.

Go to Photos Tab. Browse to the folder containing your photos, and sync your iPhone.

Reaction score
In fact, it is easily to transfer photos from macbook to iphone. You just need to use Phone Transfer Tool. You can google it. Hope this helps!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
In fact, it is easily to transfer photos from macbook to iphone. You just need to use Phone Transfer Tool. You can google it. Hope this helps!

Hello & welcome to the forum! :)

I hope that you realize that this thread is over 6 years old - ;) There are now many more options for this purpose in either direction - hopefully a moderator will come along and close the thread. Dave

Reaction score
There is really a never good way to do it. I don't know why Apple still has not let us share photos and videos via airdrop to AND from mac/iphone.

The best way I do it is use "Image Capture". Works flawlessly and is easy to use.

P.S.: I hate iPhoto.

C

chas_m

AirDrop DOES let you share photos and videos TO and FROM the Mac and iPhone.

Maybe you wouldn't "hate" things so much if you actually learned to use them. Just sayin'.

Reaction score
AirDrop DOES let you share photos and videos TO and FROM the Mac and iPhone.

Maybe you wouldn't "hate" things so much if you actually learned to use them. Just sayin'.

Yeah, it does let you share it TO and FROM, but when you want to share from iPhone to Mac is when it becomes a nightmare. It almost never consistently works (that is on Retina MacBook Pro 15 inch and iPhone 6 and iPhone 5 and 5S). But when it does, it takes ages to transfer any type of file, be it photos, .doc or .pages.

About hating... The problem is that I know how to use and how it works and how much of a mess iPhoto is, hence why I hate it. I can't wait till Apple kills off that **** mess of a program and introduces Photos for Yosemite.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
You know, I'd never tried that. Actually worked slick, about 3 seconds to transfer an image, from opening the photos app to appearing in Downloads.

iPhone 6 to mid 2013 MBA

C

chas_m

^^^^

It's only taking "ages" for you, IamBruce. Just tried it a moment ago, works fine and took no time at all to transfer a photo. To be fair, it was a JPG photo which is obviously not going to take all that long. IIRC, AirDrop uses Bluetooth, so it's not the fastest possible system for wireless transfer and probably would take quite a while to transfer a group of RAW images or a video any significant length.

But your previous claim that "I don't know why Apple still has not let us share photos and videos via airdrop to AND from mac/iphone" has, I think, been disproven.

As for iPhoto and Photos -- you seem pretty sure it will "fix" whatever you think is "wrong" with the way iPhoto organizes images (which, internally, is by Year->Month->Date actually). To the best of my knowledge, this is also the way both Aperture and Lightroom organize photos unless one chooses to do it manually (which iPhoto can also do). So I'm not sure you should be so confident that Apple is going to do that any differently.

M

MacInWin

I move pictures to my iPhone using a pretty simple way. I created a folder on my MBP called "Sync to iPhone" and then I went into iTunes and set the Photos to sync from that folder and only that folder. Now anything I drop in that folder shows up on my iPhone at the next sync, however that is accomplished (wifi or usb). On the iPhone I can then move the picture from the Sync to iPhone album to whichever album I want it in, and it's there. Now I can delete them from the Sync to iPhone album on the MBP and it's all clean. Painless, really. Most of the time I just leave them in Sync to iPhone both places, that's good enough.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
HI IamBruce

This is, technically, not the exact site within the Forums to discuss iPhoto and the Moderators might prefer you to open another thread—but anyway, what are the specific things you hate about iPhoto?

I've used iPhoto since Snow Leopard (and Aperture since its inception). I've never had any problems. I use iPhoto for what you might call "soft" work and Aperture for my serious medical stuff.

If you can tell us what ails you about iPhoto, maybe we can offer suggestions; or fixes if there is a software problem.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.