google software update

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to Mac Forums (think I came here once when I first got my computer in 2009). I recently installed OSX Mavericks. The next day I got a pop up window " google software update would like to control this computer". I have no idea if this is a legit thing or whether to accept or deny. I haven't done either yet. P.S. there is a section below this that says send trackbacks to - no idea what this is. Thanks for any help

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hi, I'm new to Mac Forums (think I came here once when I first got my computer in 2009).

I'm not sure this is a great introduction!;) If you came here once back in 2009...how come you haven't been back since (we try to be very friendly here)!:)

I recently installed OSX Mavericks. The next day I got a pop up window " google software update would like to control this computer". I have no idea if this is a legit thing or whether to accept or deny. I haven't done either yet. P.S. there is a section below this that says send trackbacks to - no idea what this is. Thanks for any help

Doesn't sound very good to me. I'm wondering if something was downloaded that shouldn't have been (I'm talking before the Mavericks download).

- Nick

OP
B
Reaction score
Hi Nick - not sure how to reply directly to your answer - looked on the internet (googled the pop up window sentence) and did find some mention of this - thought it might be due to changes made by OSX Mavericks that prompted the google software response. I thought maybe there might be more info here because Mavericks is new. I don't know much about computers/software so not really sure what I'm basing that on. As far as not appearing in mac forums for a while. I find the people were friendly but for the life of me find the site itself hard to understand/navigate. I emailed the "contact us" link to find out how to ask this question - Had no idea if I was supposed to start a conversation a thread or a discussion or which section to post it under etc etc etc. Thanks for replying so quickly :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.