dodgy file?

Reaction score
Ok, I downloaded a trial of some sound samples,they are sometimes just too expensive to buy without a proper trial. Of course the only way to get a full trial is to borrow a copy, not strictly allowed.

Anyway, it worked ok, but one file I want to delete now and its just wav files, but my mac is asking for my password when i want to move or delete it. Im nervous about entering my password re this file. What should I do? Scan it with something?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5" 3.06GHz 4GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce 9400
This sometimes happens on my Mac too when I delete a file. Nothing "dodgy" I'm sure, but best wait for someone to confirm my theory. Ive only had mine a few weeks :)

OP
F
Reaction score
Well, I cracked it anyway, if you'll pardon the pun. I did 'get info' and told it to make me the owner. Pure guesswork but the filer deleted without asking for my password, so I am happy.

Sorry to tarnish the board with slight dodgyness. I have spent £ hundreds and hundreds on music software, but sometimes you cant get a decent idea of something, in particular sample cds, without seeing the whole thing. The irony is that the company who makes them is famous for ripping off their samples to start with!

OP
F
Reaction score
So the motto is, dont be naughty. Anyway, hope you like your new mac weemax, not had mine that long, but I love it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5" 3.06GHz 4GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce 9400
hehe, glad you got sorted out.

Yeah, I'm lovin' the mac. Just getting used to is the hard part haha!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.