• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Google's CEO joins Apple's board..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Awesome.

I bet Bill is angry about that...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
Wow this has huge potential. Two of the most innovative tech companies....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Sort like Steve running as VP when Algore makes his next run.....?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
bill gates just pooped in his pants
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Hmm.. Im wondering if Steve is going to start training him for his position.. hmm.. ;) I'll be curious to see what the stocks do after this announcement, even in the light of everybody suing Apple right now. Although I have noticed that Apple stock seems to get hit or gain a week after announcements.. so we'll see :)

A

Anti-Wack

Thank God it's Schmidt and not Larry or Sergey. Did you guys hear the story about how Larry and Sergey were fighting about who gets a bigger bed on their private jet? Schmidt resolved it by telling them they can each have a bed as big as they want.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
bill gates should be worried !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
Microsoft is slowing losing a lot of money and marketshare... go Apple!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 250Gb HDD nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB
Dammed google, as long as they do not start bundling Google crapware with Apple Computers im sure it will be fine. Looks like Googles getting a foot in everywhere, Dell, Apple, Microsoft, HP etc.

Still as I despise the ammount of spyware Google do I think ill just try not to remember hes on the board. Anyway this is not bad for Microsoft really, they make software which will sell well as long as they continue to make decent software.

As for Apple and Google bieng the two most inovative I would not agree, they market and design thier products well however they do not really innovate. Google buys many of its more unique ideas, most of thier products are copys but very good products which function fantaistically and perform better than mst competitors. Apple on the otherhand is much more innovative and certainly very good at naming products and making them appear unique. Though I think its mainly the image and marketing that makes them both look good. Apple is a much better company than google though.

Anyway a bit disapointed but still he hopefully will not have much influence, once he buys Apple I hope he does not change the name though :eek:neye:, then again Google is a more trusted nd well known brand apparently :eek:neye: .

F

Flash Fire

Great! I like Apple (i.e. why I have one...) and I like Google (i.e. why I use almost all of their **free** services... heck, I'd even pay for GMail). And now they are "friends" in the technological world. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM
Marl Huss said:
Dammed google, as long as they do not start bundling Google crapware with Apple Computers im sure it will be fine. Looks like Googles getting a foot in everywhere, Dell, Apple, Microsoft, HP etc.

Still as I despise the ammount of spyware Google do I think ill just try not to remember hes on the board. Anyway this is not bad for Microsoft really, they make software which will sell well as long as they continue to make decent software.

As for Apple and Google bieng the two most inovative I would not agree, they market and design thier products well however they do not really innovate. Google buys many of its more unique ideas, most of thier products are copys but very good products which function fantaistically and perform better than mst competitors. Apple on the otherhand is much more innovative and certainly very good at naming products and making them appear unique. Though I think its mainly the image and marketing that makes them both look good. Apple is a much better company than google though.

Anyway a bit disapointed but still he hopefully will not have much influence, once he buys Apple I hope he does not change the name though :eek:neye:, then again Google is a more trusted nd well known brand apparently :eek:neye: .

what sort of software did google buy instead of developing themselves? they have some really talented people at google by the way, and i am just curious what sort of information you are privy to? Also, have you seen google's new search engine with absolutely no advertisements. I am sure you already knew of this since you know so much about google.

this is not an angry post, i am just curious what you mean by google not being innovative and buying all 'innovations' from other people.

G

Gavin

jdgaines said:
what sort of software did google buy instead of developing themselves? they have some really talented people at google by the way, and i am just curious what sort of information you are privy to? Also, have you seen google's new search engine with absolutely no advertisements. I am sure you already knew of this since you know so much about google.

this is not an angry post, i am just curious what you mean by google not being innovative and buying all 'innovations' from other people.

Blogspot, YouTube?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM
the google search engine that has no adds is only a test site for google to test new UI elements, or at least that is what i have read.

The site is

http://www.searchmash.com

Also, are these answers to my question about what things google has bought?

Blogspot, YouTube

If they are, I was more along the lines of talking about how google made a really really fast search engine that no one could compete with until recently (ask.com). Could someone point me in the direction of documentation about google purchasing these items from other people? Is google calendar purchased? gmail? googleEarth? googlegroups? any of the most widely used google items???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.