battery not as long lasting as expected

Reaction score
Hi,
I have the impression my battery is losing power (%) much quicker than it should be. Even with 3G disabled. I don't think I get to 10 hours of operation time. More something like 5 or 6 hours or so, and that's when I just browse a bit, listen a bit to iTunes, watch pictures from my library, play a little app game etc. And my screen is on 50% brightness by the way..

Does anybody know if there's an app to record operation time of the iPad , or does anybody know how to properly test if your battery is working and as powerful as it should?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
10 hours is an average, not a guarantee. The longer you have the screen on, the more power it consumes. However, if you are going from a 100% full charge to shut-off in 5-6 hours, you might want to contact Apple care and ask them. I believe that battery replacements (actually I think they just swap out the whole iPad) are free during the first year.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
play a little app game etc
What game are you playing? If it is a graphically intensive app, it may very well drain your battery significantly. Along with this, the 10 hours is not a set in stone value. As per Apple's iPad site, "Battery life depends on device settings, usage, and many other factors. Battery tests are conducted using specific iPad units; actual results may vary."

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.