Best program to retrieve lost files, please help...

Reaction score
Alright, long story short- I'm a complete nit wit. I had to do a complete erase and re-install of OSX on my G4 466 and after the fact I realized that I failed to copy one of my most important folders. I've managed to lose ALL of my work portfolio pictures and every digital photo I've ever taken. Eehhh. I'm in shock. Anyway, I realize that there is probably no chance of retrieving the lost folder or files from my newly formatted drive. I do however have an old drive that once had them on it two weeks ago in my old G4 450. Does anyone have any advice on what software may give me the best option of recovering the files? Or if I have any chance at all? Any help would be greatly appreciated.... I can't believe I just did that....

-John

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.