MDD G4 Fan Noise

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MDD G4 10.4.11
Hi all. I'm new to the forum.

I'd like to replace the noisy fan in my MDD G4 MAC. I'm finally using my small studio for recording and I can't move the machine into another room.
Should I replace the fans in the power supply or the main large fan in the middle of the machine.
Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks
Paul

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Welcome keys88!

I don't want to sound trite, but which of those two fans is making the noise that is bothering you? Replace that one!

Of course, you may not be able to tell. Trying to isolate fan noise in a computer case can be challenging. I have tried it a few times myself. In the end, you may have to change out both of them before you are done.

I am not a G4 expert, so I cannot say which of these two is likely to be the more noisy.

When you do change out the fans, be very careful that you get new fans that have the same or greater air flow specs. If not, you may throw off the thermal balance of your machine and it may overheat.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.