using the remote control that comes with macbook

Reaction score
hi, i have a macbook and i am wondering if there is a feature or anything i can download that will allow me to turn on my music visualizer using the remote control that came with the laptop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
With the little white Apple remote, press the menu button. That will take you to Front row, andyou can listen to music, watch music videos and movies/TV episodes, and view your pictures. :)

As for software to turn on your visualizer (I'm guessing iTunes), I do not think so, you'll have to stick with command+T or turn it on from the menu.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Bump. Just wondering if this question was answered.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
As far as I can tell, the remote just controls Front Row or just play, pause, next, back, forward and backward on video and music apps. To get the visualizer, you have to use Command+T.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.