CocoaHeads in Montreal

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am interested in starting a CocoaHeads (http://cocoaheads.org) chapter in Montreal, QC.

For those of you who do not know, CocoaHeads is a group devoted to the discussion of the Cocoa Framework on MacOS X. During monthly meetings, members present on their projects and offer tutorials on various programming topics.

So if you are interested, respond to this post! If not then have a good day!

Thanks,
Christian

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, bluechrisa.

Ever thought of dropping a line to Le Club Macintosh de Montréal (email: info AT lcmm.qc.ca), and the Concordia Computer Science Society (email:ccss AT encs.concordia.ca)? Might be a good place to start to let people know about this.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks!

No I didn't but I will! Thanks for the help!

Do you know if there is a large community of Cocoa programmers here in Montreal? I am new to the Cocoa Dev thing!

Christian

M

MacHeadCase

I really don't know. For sure, those places can direct you to some info if they have it.

Also it might be a good idea to contact Apple itself to ask if there is any info they can give you on this. Apple User Groups - Contact.

I looked at the Apple Developper Connection but there doesn't seem to be any way of contacting them, from that webpage anyhow.

A couple of other ideas is to contact regular journalists at La Presse Technaute's section: you will regularly see some news on Apple there.

Another place to check out the possibilities is MusiquePlus: the TV station has a tech show called M.Net and they have a Mac segment. The TV show also has a forum where you could post your idea but I'm sure the best scenario would be to get this talked about on the show itself plus the forum posting, that way you reach the most people at the same time.

Good luck with this! Great thing you are planning for the Mac community! :)

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks again!

I will definetly look into all of your suggestions!

By the way, great photo's!

Christian

M

MacHeadCase

:D

Thank you!

BTW, just had one final idea. There is (or was last time I looked) a Mac section in Québec Micro. That could also be an interesting spot for you to contact.

Reaction score
Well I know it's old message but do you know if we have some "Cocoa Meetup" or something like that at Montreal???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.