losing focus with X11

Reaction score
I have a new MacBook Pro laptop, which is great, except for one problem. Every 10 seconds or so I lose focus in any X11 window. For instance, if I am working in an xterm window, I have to reclick in the window every 10 seconds, even if I'm in the middle of typing something. Needless to say this is driving me nuts. I'm running the latest Leopard (10.5.8). I tried installing XQuartz 2.4.0 of X11 in an effort to solve this, but it made no difference. I don't have any other applications running, other than "the usual"---mailtool and ical. Needless to say rebooting hasn't solved this.

My Mac Pro tower and several student iMacs are set up identically to my laptop, and none of these have this problem.

My MacBook Pro has a 256 SSD and 8 Gb of memory.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

OP
A
Reaction score
I've figured out that if I wait about 4 seconds, the focus returns. During this time I get the spinning ball. I tried reinstalling the OSX but no change.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.