What if I buy an iPod Touch now and the price drops?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook: 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 120GB Hard Drive, 2GB memory
It has been rumored on various Apple rumor websites that a price drop ($100) for the iPhone and iPod touch are/were due sometime between the end of February and mid-April. It is rumored that the 16GB iPod touch's will drop to $299 and the 8GB's will be discontinued.

I have also heard about Apple guaranteeing price drops within the first 30 days. Is this true? Does anyone have a link to Apple's official policy? I've searched but come up with nothing. What would happen if I bought a model that was then discontinued within 30 days?

I am going home this weekend from school, so now would be a great time for me to buy if I could reasonably guarantee some price protection from this rumored drop.

Thanks a lot!

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
Then now is the best time to buy an 8GB iTouch! What a hot investment opportunity!

PS please don't take financial advice from this post.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.8 Ghz, 64GB SSD, iMac 24"Core2Extreme, iPhone 8GB, iPod Classic 80GB
If the price drops just after you buy it then...

TOUGH!

think about it, if you constantly worried about price drops, you'd never buy anything

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This isn't a matter of "constantly" worrying about price drops. This has to do with a rumored price drop in the immediate future. So yes, I think it's fair to worry about the "what if's" when there ARE in fact options.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
So, what if it does?

You must think it is worth the price they are currently asking since you're willing to purchase it.

If it is worth the current price to you, go get it if it tickles your fancy.

If it's not worth it's current asking price, then by all means wait for it to hit the price point you're willing to pay.

No matter what price you pay, as soon as you open the box it becomes worth less than you've paid.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I appreciate the responses, but I just want to clarify that I wasn't looking for general advice on buying something before the price drops. I was only posting to ask about Apple's SPECIFIC policies on crediting for price drops.

I just want to clarify so I don't seem like a whiner about price drops in general - I know they happen and certainly accept that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.