Network game between mac & 2 PC's?

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just a query, is there a game (like dune for example, old I know but the only one I can think of that I've played) that can be played on a network between a mac (powerbook) and 2 pc's?

Thanks all

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Network games use network protocols (rules) to communicate so the operating system or the computer hardware is not an issue.

A couple of games I can think of for both Mac & PC:

Age of Empires (kind of similar to dune but ancient rather than futuristic weapons)
Command & Conquer (generals at least) (very similar to dune)
Quake (shoot 'em up) (quake 3 is good fun - I think Quake 4 is available for both plat forms)
Call of duty - is a great game (another shooter but not sure if a powerbook could carry off the graphics)

Theres quite a few actually - check out the Apple store and look at the Games section - this will give you an idea of whats available - then check if the same title can be found for PCs (in most cases this will be Yes)

OP
S
Reaction score
Excellent thanks RNDdave!

Think I'll be steering clear of games like Quake, as we want to play them with the kids, so don't think its really suitable for them.

but I'm glad that its not a big issue, so thanks for your reply!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.