Iphone charging issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 inch, 2020
Lately when I have my 5s plugged in and charging, it'll randomly wake up and make the sound that it make when you first plug it in. It'll do this mostly when it's already at 100% battery. Does anyone know what the issue is? Thank you

C

chas_m

This can happen when it momentarily loses full contact with the charger, or if the charger is not a genuine Apple charger (or "Made For i" certified charger). It can also happen if the cord is damaged or stretched. Try changing cords first, unless you know you have a "cheapy knockoff" charger.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 inch, 2020
This can happen when it momentarily loses full contact with the charger, or if the charger is not a genuine Apple charger (or "Made For i" certified charger). It can also happen if the cord is damaged or stretched. Try changing cords first, unless you know you have a "cheapy knockoff" charger.

Thanks, it's a real apple charger, but I'll try switching cords and see if that helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.