problem installing updates

Reaction score
I am trying to install all outstanding updates to my mac using software update.
i am trying to install; iDVD update version 7.0.3, Drigital Camera Raw Compatibility version 2.4, Safari version 3.2.1, and finally most important: Security update 2009-001 PPC. i get a really annoying error messages saying that i have not got permision to write to the folders i need to. This does not make sense as i have full administrative rights. the error messages i get are as follows:
Code:
Make sure you have permission to write to /Library/Caches/com.apple.SoftwareUpdate/content/downloads/51/54/zz061-5886/qpRdQ9zf9pzrLMmVcYRx3NhqQ9x9cmCSYc, then try again.

Make sure you have permission to write to /Library/Caches/com.apple.SoftwareUpdate/content/downloads/39/55/061-5781/MXWnCKmmLYSNCgnShfyQF3Z92SRLYcNw9t, then try again.

Make sure you have permission to write to /Library/Caches/com.apple.SoftwareUpdate/content/downloads/04/24/061-5803/dzX7B5NWjQgs4dkkqj83HSZHfS5YkHqNHN, then try again.

Make sure you have permission to write to /Library/Caches/com.apple.SoftwareUpdate/content/downloads/16/31/061-5755/BnjdcctmTXqNQXBQ5FPT2tnsBQwx6XLHK4, then try again.

I dont know how to fix it. i have tryed to do a repair on permissions but that had no effect. please help me on what to do. :\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
run disk utility and run a permissions repair before installing the updates

It is always a good idea to run a permissions repair from time to time

edit: didn't read the last bit of your post, try downloading mainmenu, clearing the caches, then another permissions repair and see if that helps

OP
L
Reaction score
:) ty soo much i used mainmenu to clear the sytem cache, restarted and wala! it works. what a usefull app. tyvm

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.