Halleluia!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
I just got and installed a 1GB addition to my new iBook. I'm so happy. 220 bucks counting shipping for the stick. So much better than the 600 Apple charges. By the way, anyone have any idea how much I could get for just barely used Apple 256 DDR RAM? It was in the computer before and it'd be nice to sell it to cut the cost of the stick I bought. Also, does anyone know enough about Virex to tell me if, now that I have 1.25 GB of RAM, if it wouldn't slow me down to get it. I have a .Mac account and I was considering d/ling Virex, and if I've got enough RAM, will it make any difference in my performance?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
$35 to no higher than $45 or 50 is a good price. why do you want virex? theres no viruses, well, a few, but youd almost have to purposely infect your mac, unless your networking with wintel machines, theres no need for virus protection, just turn on the built in firewall. but no, it wont slow your mac down.

D

Danster

Sell your 256 as it will just be in reserve all the time you'd only use it if you had like a massive photoshop document up with other multiple app's running I.E. word safari itunes mail.

X

xthisisRomancex

Danster said:
Sell your 256 as it will just be in reserve all the time you'd only use it if you had like a massive photoshop document up with other multiple app's running I.E. word safari itunes mail.

he has no room for it any way iBook oonly has one avalible slot ffor memory.

OP
Meyvn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
Yeah. The room issue's why I'm selling it. I do NOT need it. And Macman, I AM networked with PCs. I'm the only Mac user in the house, sadly. Dad and I were GOING to buy my mother an eMac for Christmas, but she found out and threatened to take it back if we got it for her (She loves Macs, but she worries about money). Anyway, thanks for the info.

T

tariq

Meyvn said:
Yeah. The room issue's why I'm selling it. I do NOT need it. And Macman, I AM networked with PCs. I'm the only Mac user in the house, sadly. Dad and I were GOING to buy my mother an eMac for Christmas, but she found out and threatened to take it back if we got it for her (She loves Macs, but she worries about money). Anyway, thanks for the info.

The only reason at the moment to use Virex or any other virus protection software with OSX is to stop the unintentional spread/transfer of Windows viruses. If your Windows machines on your network all have virus scanners installed, you don't need it.

Get your Mom one of the headless iMac's that are coming out! Personally, I'd never get an eMac, especially now since there are rumours it may be discontinued/replaced.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Macman said:
$35 to no higher than $45 or 50 is a good price. why do you want virex? theres no viruses, well, a few, but youd almost have to purposely infect your mac, unless your networking with wintel machines, theres no need for virus protection, just turn on the built in firewall. but no, it wont slow your mac down.
Sorry to moan, but where have these mysterious OS X viruses come from all of a sudden...

It used to be common knowledge that there are no viruses out in the wild for OS X, i.e. NO INFECTIONS...

Now everyone says "a few", "some" or "much less than for windows" all of which is wrong as far as I know...

Any security holes that had been identified were fixed before any viruses were coded...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems a lot like the kerry-vietnam thing.
Throw enough **** at something and some of it will stick, even if it's all rubbish...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.