Clamshell Battery

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz
I own a Ibook G4 1.33 Ghz, and I have read the battery does not overcharge. Well my mom just purchased a Ibook Clamshell 300Mhz and now I am wondering if those batteries overcharge and is it safe to keep it plugged in all the time like on a desk. She does unplug it sometimes but since the battery doesn't keep that long of a charge she usually has to plug it in.

My second question is, is there a place I can buy third party batteries for Ibook Clamshells. I don't think Apple sells them anymore and I've been advised not to buy from Ebay.

Thanks.

C

ciaran.mooney

in reply to your second question.

There are 3rd party alternatives to Apples battery. But I've seen a lot of articles on the net relating to bad experiences with them. There are loads of G3 clamshell batteries on ebay that are reasonably priced.

I have a 5year old battery in my current G3 clamshell iBook and it still can get 3hrs usage out of it. So wouldnt worry too much.

S

sonofapplepm

Our family keeps our clamshell plugged in whenever it is not being used!
It doesn't seem to have any ill effects as far as i can tell! We have done this for almost a year with no problems. Hope this helps!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.