malware or something else

Reaction score
i keep getting a message from google on all browsers, now more than ever that says "Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network. This page checks to see if it's really you sending the requests, and not a robot. Why did this happen?"

Sometimes i need to enter the captcha 5 or 6 times before it goes away, i have reported this to google with NO LUCK as expected

I turned my imac firewall on and got this message "do you want the application "BPConfigd" to accept incoming network connections" i thought this might be a malware or some kind or Trojan because there is not 1 result on google that mentions "BPConfigd". Has anybody heard of this?

I have Mac OS X 10.6.8

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Do you have any Symantec software loaded and running on your machine ?
Or MySQL ?

Cheers ... McBie

OP
J
Reaction score
No, Apple advises not to install any anti-virus software as they have built in protection in 10.6.8

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
I was not talking about antivirus software ..... only Symantec software ( which does not have to be anti virus )
What about MySQL.
If you google for BPConfigd, there are loads of hits, maybe the answer is in there.

Cheers ... McBie

OP
J
Reaction score
BPConfigd gets not results, you might be thinking of BPConfiged.exe but not "BPConfigd"

I have attached a screen shot of the search results i see from BPConfigd.

I thought Mysql was a programming language., i probably have this on here since i do alot of webwork that has mysql coding. Don't understand how thats related.

Thanks

Jmarsden

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.