POSIX error

Reaction score
Since playing about with sending podcasts to my Palm PDA via Bluetooth, both iTunes and Safari are screwed up! iTunes shuts down about 3 secs after opening and Safari tells me I have a POSIX error. Don't think I'm the first victim of these problems so can anyone send me a solution please? Thanks

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, anniegill1@mac.

I'm afraid you'll need to give us more info so we can help you. Which version of iTunes? Which version of Safari? Which version of OS X are you running? If Panther, or Tiger, or Leopard, which version is it? Which Mac do you use? Its specs? Which software did you use to sync with your Palm? iTunes?

OP
A
Reaction score
iTunes is version 7.5, OSX 10.4.11, MacMini 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. I used the Palm HotSync programme, sometimes Bluetooth and sometimes Cradle /Cable. Can't tell you which version of Safari as I've removed it and haven't yet managed to find a download of Safari alone to re-install. It seems to come bundled with the complete OSX software. I've reinstalled iTunes which is now OK and installed Firefox as my web browser so am up and running but would still like to understand the problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.