iMac G3 questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - 15.4" 1680x1050 Antiglare - 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB 7200RPM HDD
I have a few questions about the iMac G3. I will probably be buying one in the next year in order to set it up in my dorm room and use it solely for music and movies. Questions:

1. Is it safe to leave it on all the time? I'd like to use it for my alarm clock and music during the day as well.

2. Would an eyeTV hybrid work with one? If not, what would?

3. What is the footprint of the g3 like?

Thanks!

Trent out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
1. yes its safe...as long as u have a screensaver so u dont burn ur CRT out, and set the 'go to sleep' time to like 15 minutes.
2....not sure, sorry....
3. the g3 is large compared to todays computers, but is not unreasonably huge...the dimensions are about 15" x 15" x 17" and it weighs about 35 pounds....but the back half of the computer doesn't really touch the work surface, so u might not need a desk that large

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.