Making Slides into a DVD with Music

Reaction score
Hi Guys , This is my first time into a forum so please bare with me. I have about 300 pictures of a 50th wedding anniversary and what i have done is opened I Photo and used the Ken Burns effect and then sent it to IDVD with the music and burned. Well it came out except the quality is quite lower from the quicktime movie Can anyone tell me how or what I would need to make a good quality DVD from slides. I hope I have done this right.
Thank You
Tony

Reaction score
When I do mine, I format them with Quicktime first, I find it helps with the quality quite a bit. Are you building them with MPEG4?

OP
T
Reaction score
Hi, First thank you for answering. I am not sure what MPEG4 is. What I have done is make my slides then send them to IDVD and it makes it into a Quicktime movie and then it burns the DVD but the slides are not as good as the Quicktime movie. I found out that I must first change the music to MP3 that all the songs will play. I will look what MPEG4 is.
Tony

Reaction score
Just in case, this is what I was talking about:

mpeg4xx9.jpg

OP
T
Reaction score
Slides to DVD

Hi Buz, Can you run me through it. First I have IPhoto 5. What I have done was just go to share and then send to IDVD. It created the quicktime movie and I did not see any place for me to choose. So can you tell me were you went to get the create project. This may sound rather foolish but I have tried so many ways to make a nice DVD that I am just confused. Thank You for your help
Tony

Reaction score
Those settings are for iMovies, but what you're saying is you want to do a slide show with iPhoto in Quicktime.

OP
T
Reaction score
HI Buz, I will do a slide show in what ever will do the job best. Can you tell me if your slides look good when burned in a DVD. When I burned them after useing IPhoto and sending them to IDVD the quality of the pictures was much lower then the actual photo. PS Happy New Year.
Tony

Reaction score
My use of iMovie and or iPhoto was simply to understand how the software works so that I could help clients or switchers that are coming over to Apple. Now, as for the images you are attempting to use in the slide show, I personally would have used Photoshop CS2 to edit them. After editing the images in Photoshop I would then put them in iPhoto to proceed in doing the iMovie. I would have saved them as .bmp files, for the higher quality.

The only use I got out of iPhoto in and of itself was simply a vehicle that interacted with iMovie. Since I was putting together a generic little test I didn't go through a lot of trouble editing and making it look high quality. As far as how it looked it came out okay for me. I'll link it to you below so you can see it. Its rough cut as I didn't edit it or polish it for better use.

If you are interested in using iPhoto to then use iMovie what I did was I followed the manual, which you can see here:

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/iMovie_HD_6_Getting_Started.pdf

As you saw the illustration in my previous post when I was starting the creation process I set the iMovie to MPEG4. After the movie was created and I apologize for not knowing the exact details after it was created in iMovie I was able to then format the iMoive into a Quick time (.mov). I don't recall the function or process I used off the top of my head. Here is the sample movie I made, keep in mind this was a rough cut thrown together movie as I was just learning the basics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcRiMBbsl08

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.