can't see shared windows files

B

brody

i have a wireless network with 2 xp pro machines and powerbook. i used to be able to access all the shared windows files with no problems. suddenly, i can't view the files. i can still connect to the xp machines and see all the folders and open them, but they appear empty. anyone have experience with mac/windoze netoworking? thanks.

OP
S

salamisandwich

unseen windows shared files

brody said:
i have a wireless network with 2 xp pro machines and powerbook. i used to be able to access all the shared windows files with no problems. suddenly, i can't view the files. i can still connect to the xp machines and see all the folders and open them, but they appear empty. anyone have experience with mac/windoze netoworking? thanks.

I have the same situation but on a wired network. My windows machine cansee all mac files. My mac can see all shared folders and open them but nothing can be seen. Have you solved this? Thanks.

OP
T

Tangerine

brody said:

Brody, try doing an smb mount from your powerbook, you can do this by clicking go in the finder, then click connect to server. in the space type smb://ip address/. you will need the user name and password for the computer you are trying to connect to

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.