Splitting MP3s after recording a record.

Reaction score
I am currently recording my vinyl collection however, i am getting very fed up of manually having to cut the mp3 recordings into single tracks.

I have recorded it side by side and I was wondering whether there is an app that can detect silence and cut the mp3 up into single tracks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
No help, but I've never found one that works. I physically have to sit and monitor the recording in Audi Hijack Pro, and split each track as it records.
The only one I found used to put splits in very quiet sections, no good at all.

OP
I
Reaction score
thank you anyway.
Looks like I am going to be stuck doing it manually too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Macbook/3 GB RAM/160 GB HD
I don't think there's a cheap program out there (yet) that does this, but I do know that ProTools can detect silence in selected audio tracks and "slice" them into separate bits. The downside is that you'll still have to separate them manually to create MP3 versions of the audio files, and ProTools systems are pricey.... the cheapest interface (ProTools Mini) is around $300. :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.