re-install of 10.5 and mail

Reaction score
Hi all the virus known as microsoft office has my mac in a fairly trashed state and I cant get rid of it no matter how hard i try. So, I'm preparing to re-install. I've taken a backup of my mac drive. Once I re-install can I simply restore the /Users/<username>/Library/Mail directory and get my mac mail setup back (and all my former email messages) ?

Thx in advance

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you've made a proper backup everything will be restored. Are you using Time Machine or another backup method?

Also, what kind of difficulties are you having with MS Office? Maybe we can help. I'm using Office 2008 and it seems to work fine for me.

Regards.

Reaction score
took my iBook G4 into an Apple store today in Minnesota because my Mac Mail is not running correctly. It constantly says that it is "Rebuilding Table of Contents......57%". When I try to delete messages, they do not shop up in my Trash folder. When I click back to my Inbox, the messages that I just deleted are still there. There is some sort of glitch and the techs at the Genius Bar at the Apple Store couldn't figure it out either. Has anyone else had an issue like this? And if so, what did you do?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.