OP
Mac_OS
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
when i first looked at the ipod i had a similar choice to make 8 gig nano (2nd gen) or 30 gig ipod video(previous gen)

i mostly wanted an ipod for the gym and a little for the car. I also knew that the video wasn't a selling point for me due to the screen size. I do have over 30 gigs of music so i was tempted to go with the 30 gig ipod, but then i realized i can dock it at anytime and change the music. So i ended up going with the nano.

I guess what i am saying is think about what is more important to you, and then make your decision based off that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24
Which would you get?

I couldn't decide so I got em both... and an iPod touch (i'm such a bleedin apple fanboy)

if I had to choose one out of your two options, i'd go for the classic, but out of practicality rather than love... the nano is so much more lovable than the chunky old classic but you can't argue with 80 gigs of storage

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 Santa Rosa
I chose the 8GB nano cuz i dont need 80GB of space. I have at most, 20GB or so of MP3's and i dont watch that much video on my ipods anyways so the nano just made sense...especially since it spends most of its time at the gym with me. Ill load it full of MP3's and it will last for a LONG time on continuous play.

If you dont mind a little extra size and weight, the 80GB classic is a bargain...just wish they would finally put a bigger screen on it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.