email account on 2 imacs

Reaction score
Hi

i'm looking to buy 2 imacs - 1 for the office, 1 for home
right now I carry my windows laptop back and forth from work and use outlook for email

i want to be able to have my emailed "sync'd" as it were so that I'm using my email at the office and when I come home it's exactly the same with deleted/ sent emails etc.

I know I could use a gmail or web based email but I have my own domain email e.g [email protected].

Can this be done ?

new to the mac world so sorry if this is a trivial thing

thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What you're asking is for an IMAP type account where your email would be synced between all your devices - computers, smart phone, iPad, etc. Not sure how you would set that up using your own domain and email server though. You could certainly do it with GMail as they offer free IMAP accounts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Various Mac's
chscag is correct. You will need to speak to whoever supplies your hosting and ask if they can change your email from POP to IMAP. If they can't and you want to keep your domain, you'll have to move it to someone who does support IMAP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.