Error in moving zip files to External HD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13inch 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook Version 10.5.6
I just got a Western Digital 1 TB HD, so I am trying to consolidate my other 2 Western Digital HD's to this one. I haven't had a problem until I came across these two copies of programs installation CD's that are zipped. One is 6.31 GB and the other is 4.36 GB.

They Keep on displaying this message when I try to transfer them to the New Western Digital HD from my Computers Internal HD.

4131369594_1788a6d7d9_o.png

Any Suggestions?
Thanks in Advanced!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
That's an odd one. I suspect that something is corrupted in the zip file headers. I would try unzipping, deleting the existing zip files, then re-zipping (or rar-ing) the contents into new files.

OP
PhotographicMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13inch 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook Version 10.5.6
Thanks Vegas George, I have tried both plus just moving them unzipped. I have found I am having a problem with anything over 4 GB, as I am trying to move some HD video footage to and it just won't go.

I even stopped by the Mac Store today but they couldn't tell me jack and said I would have to schedule an appointment.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.