LCD screen Macbook vs Macbook PRo

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know this has been asked before but I am really not sure of what to do. I wrote a thread this morning about how excited I was to get a Macbook, but since I read reviews about the MBP LED screen. This makes me wonder if I should buy a Macbook or not, because I definately don't have the money to buy a Macbook Pro now. The thing is, do you guys think the Macbook will be upgrading to a LED screen anytime soon? Should I wait for this upgrade. I do not want to spend $1500CDN on a machine and 3 months later, they say they will provide the Macbook with LED screen.

For those who have had the chance to use both, is there a big difference in terms of quality image? I know the LED is supposed to be brighter, but can you tell if the colors are like day and night with the Macbook??

Seriously, I really do not know what to do. I like a nice screen, it's really important to me, so I would be really sad and dissapointed if I was going to owe a machine that will have old lcd technology for the upcoming years.

Thanks a lot for your opinion, I really appreciate it :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
According to Steve Jobs at a Green conference or something like that, all Mac LCD displays will undergo a transition from CCFL to LED backlight by the end of ________ (can't remember). So surely the future MacBooks will have this feature. If you really can't wait for the upgrade than I suggest you bite your teeth and pull the trigger for a MBP (base model $1999). That way, you'll get a larger screen, nice keyboard and dedicated graphic card. Just my recommendation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4 GHz C2D 160 GB HDD 2 GB RAM
At least wait till after the August 7 press conference. Who know? They might make the rest of the line LED along with (hopefully) the release of the new iMac. If they don't then go ahead and get the MacBook if you really can't afford the pro. The screen on the MacBook still looks gorgeous, whether its CCFL or LED backlit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP SR 2.2Ghz 15.4" LED
If you can't afford the MBP then stick with the MacBook.

When I was thinking of buying a new laptop I didn't even think about the MacBook's. The keyboard, screen size, and specs were just a few things I did not like about the MacBook. It took some time to save up though!

OP
C
Reaction score
I like the screen size of the Macbook. I just feel bad it doesn't have a LED screen. I also saw in my research that a lot of people are complaining about the yellow tint of the new LED screen. I really do not know what to do. I can't really afford a MBP in a few months either because I am going to Europe and need money. I guess I will wait on August 7th and see what's going on with the update.

Keep on giving me your opinion guys, I really appreciate it :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
If you can wait 2 more days, why not wait 2 more month and you'll save $150 (Leopard upgrade) + iLife '08(?) and could possibly get a new revision of the MacBook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.