Wireless Upgrade for Late 2005 G5 Mac Dual (Power PC)

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've been looking to equip my late 2005 G5 Mac Dual with a wireless kit. The late 2005 G5 duals aren't compatible with Airport Extreme wireless cards. It looks like Apple is phasing out the G5 dual wireless upgrade kits. It seems they are somewhat hard to come by and vary significantly in price from outlet to outlet.

1.) Are there non-Apple brand name companies that make wireless kits for the aforementioned Late 2005 G5 dual? I saw the Cisco Aironet 802.11g 1100 and 1200 Series Access Point Upgrade Kit at http://www.macmall.com/macmall/shop...t+Upgrade+Kit-Wireless+Networking&dpno=323748
I have no idea if the cisco kit would get my g5 dual wireless, but it's $95.

2.) What sites are good for mac hardware in respect to price and consistency of in stock items?

I've seen the Apple Wireless Upgrade Kit for Power Mac G5 Dual for $217. Any knowledge in this area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Reaction score
Look up wefixmac at ebay they have 3 of the type MA252G/A cards at £39.99 each and they work, you will need 2 screws to secure it in its slot, there's 2 wires to fix to it, the 2 cards 1 grey 1 blue, pull apart so you can fix the wires on the side they just push on, the slot is just above your memory. good luck

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.