People not recieving my emails

Reaction score
Hello,

I own two machines a Macbook Pro and a 2009 iMac I have my mail account on both. I have primarily been communicating with a client on my imac then I finished up a job and sent a link for them to view a web gallery, I sent the email from my MacBook Pro and both recipients never received the email. Now all emails from these people are on both the imac and the MacBook Pro. Most of my responses were from the imac. So I resent from the imac and they both received the link. Both systems are os x 10.8.4 I check both mails accounts and everything is exact. I have never had an email issue, I need to solve this so i don't lose a client! Please help.

Steve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Are mail accounts synced via iCloud ?? IF so i would first, delete the problematic Mail Account on the offending machine and then Add it again then Quit Mail

Make sure that Mail is QUIT before you start this.

Open Finder go to GO in the Menu Bar click it and press Option and Library will come up. Click Library, then Mail>V2>Mail Data and open that. Then the First file will be Accounts .plist and drag that to the Trash. (DONT EMPTY TRASH)

Now restart your Mac and open Mail and see if the problem persists . . . If it does, goto the Trash and right click on the Mail .plist and choose put back, then come back here and let us know so we can help out more.

It wouldn't hurt either before you restart, to Repair Permissions via Disk Utility. Open DU Click on Macintosh HD in the lefty column, click First Aid then Repair Permissions. Once complete (don't worry about whats in the log window) restart, then do the check on Mail and put back .plist

OP
S
Reaction score
People Not recieving my emails

So I did everything that was explained to me trashed the plist and dumped my account then reactivated it. I did notice that on the machine that seemed to be the culprit my macmail was not synched with icloud. The machine that was fine the mail was synched with icloud, so i am assuming that was my problem......any thoughts?

Steven;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I did notice that on the machine that seemed to be the culprit my macmail was not synched with icloud. The machine that was fine the mail was synched with icloud, so i am assuming that was my problem......any thoughts?

Steven;P

Go into system preferences and make sure under iCloud, that Mail is set to sync . . . Yea Is that what you looking for ?

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.