Mamp and other free source systems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook air, pro ipad air
I have downloaded MAMP and installed wordpress on to my mac. That was fine. I then tried Joomla and all went fine untill the end. In large red letters was something like 'you must remove the configutration files before you can continue' Can someone please tell me where to find them ?

Also are there any other open source programs that can be downloaded with out to many problems. I tried gallery but required a script to be placed on my server for identification, again had no idea where to add this script. I only requires these as test boards and not to publish. Wordpress was a doddle.

Thanks

Reaction score
I have downloaded MAMP and installed wordpress on to my mac. That was fine. I then tried Joomla and all went fine untill the end. In large red letters was something like 'you must remove the configutration files before you can continue' Can someone please tell me where to find them ?

If you are testing out CMS systems, the I recommend going to Opensourcecms.com to try any Open Source CMS out.

I couldn't find your error in the Joomla installation guide:
Joomla! Help Site - Installation Guide

Is there a install directory somewhere?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.