what should i do ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro 13, 16gb ipad 3gen, iphone 5
hello guys, i bought a iPad 3 from a friend who had got it as a birthday gift. I bought the 16 gb ipad 3 + smart cover for 450 on oct 1st. It was sealed & i registered it later on.
Now my question is regarding apples return policy.Since apple released the new/4th gen ipad today, i was wondering if i would be able to exchange it and get the new one instead ?
I dont know when it was purchased originally but its less then 30 days since I registered.
like do they check when it was sold or when it was registered ?? and whats apples exchange/return policy in terms of iPad.
thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Apple's return policy is 14 days in original box with cables, etc. You're already way past that and Apple does not do trade ins like a used car dealer. Sell it on eBay and use the money to buy a new one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Besides, it goes from when the iPad was originally purchased, not when you bought it from a friend. You would need the original receipt.

NOW - you can trade in and iPad 3 for the iPad 4 if it was purchased in the last 30 days, I did see that mentioned on the website. Again, you need the receipt or printout of receipt.

Reaction score
Apple said that if iPad 3 was purchased within last 30 days they would upgrade owner at certain locations.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.