Macbook (2010) to HDTV via HDMI (not working)

Reaction score
Hey,
I feel bad asking for help on this since there's so many posts on TV connection issues but I'm seriously finding it difficult to find a solution. I;ve got a MinidisplayPort to HDMI adapter plugged into mac which is then connected to my HDTV via a HDMI cable.
The problem is when I go on the correct channel on the TV, all that happens is the Macbook screen flashes blue for a second but nothing happens on the TV (remains blank). I can't rele find anything in settings that helps either.
I only just got my mac yesterday so maybe I'm missing something really obvious, but any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Reaction score
I'll be watching this topic as I'm having the same EXACT problem connecting my PowerBook G4 12' via HDMI as well. Can't seem to get anything to show up on the screen, and in system proferences, it shows a second monitor, but calls it "VGA Display" :Confused:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.