Powerbook network issues

P

PB Newb

I have a GW 15in powerbook with Tiger, all internet updates installed, and a Linksys router with a WRE54G Range expander. My XP and 2k windows machines happily play on this, but my new Powerbook, while it recognises the network, and logs on, says that it cannot see the internet. It's very frustrating.

I have tried resetting all my network devices, and played extensively with the settings, tried assigning an ip address to the mac manually (using the settings on the pc, after I have released it's ip). I'm at a loss, and beginning to think I made a mistake with the mac.

The mac will log onto the network if it is plugged into the router, and will log onto a wireless network in my local cafe, so I assume the hardware is ok. All firewalls and wep are off.

Any tips? BTW, is it just me, or is the range of the airport on the new powerbooks feeble?
Thanks, a frustrated noob.

Reaction score
Try manually inputing the DNS addresses in the network setup.

ed724

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Is the PB pulling an IP from the router via DHCP?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.