iChat and iPhoto

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook air, pro ipad air
When using the cam for messenger's I have no problem. However when I use it with background preferences, I get whoever the subject is (mainly me) breaking up, much like the invisible man who is not quite sure what state he wants to be in.

I have followed the guided tour on leopard and do just about everything that I am told to. Is this a problem in general, or can someone suggest something to overcome this.

I am in a room with a lot of electrical appliances, not sure if that makes any difference although as I say when using as an ordinary cam and with the other preferences, no problem.

Many thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (early 2006): 1.83 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, OSX Leopard and iPod 5th Gen 30GB
this is a problem with a lot of these background ideas

I have the same problems, and it's nothing to do with electrical apps. The backgrounds system works well with 2 conditions:

good light (so in the evenings or in poorly lit rooms you'll have little chance of it working)

And a stationery background (the background picks you out because it looks at what's actually behind you in terms of colour and movement and excludes everything that was there, when you pop back in the frame, you're a different element and it pops you in front)

So to get it to work well

lots of light

and a plain, stationery background

hope I helped ^^
Dave

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks lightsguydave,

I think I will have to move the computer to get the desired effect then. The light is going to be a problem but will give it a go.

Again many thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Or just hang a white or Blue curtain as your background. Doesn't even have to be a neat job. And yes, the lighting has to be good.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks again to both of you.

Just another question please. I have an Imac and realistically cannot cart it around. The room I use it in is fairly large and windowless. The white background I can manage, however would a bright fluorescent tube solve the brightness or would it be better to have natural light. I really like this program and would like to make full use of it.

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.