Strange connectivity issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 C2D Black MacBook, Ram = 1gb, 120gb HDD
Hi All,

My MBP has been great since I received it. However, the other day, I lost the connection to my network and now I cannot re-connect. Other macs on the network are fine and I have tried everything I can think of. It seems as though it will not accept the password, for some reason. I have checked and re-checked the password and it is correct.

Any Ideas?

Reaction score
spudd, try this:

Go to Finder>Go>Connect To Server and then click on the icon to the right that has the clock face on it.

Then you'll see a drop down menu with Recent Servers. Select the appropriate server and click Connect.

Let me know how it goes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook black, Intel C2D 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 320GB WD Scorpio HD
spudd, try this:

Go to Finder>Go>Connect To Server and then click on the icon to the right that has the clock face on it.

Then you'll see a drop down menu with Recent Servers. Select the appropriate server and click Connect.

Let me know how it goes.

Hmmm, this is odd ... I can't find Go from my Finder (MacBook black). There is Services but no Connect to Server option.

OP
spudd4242
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hmmmm

I can follow the directions you mentioned, but there are no previous or in fact any servers listed. I Have tried starting from scratch, but it says my password is invalid, even though it is working on other macs on the network

M

MacHeadCase

What if the problem was a user corrupted pref file? I looked into my user account and found two pref files that could be the cause. I don't count the internetconfig.plist file as that probably contains some data from the setup...

But what about com.apple.internetconnect.plist and com.apple.internetpref.plist? Could anyone confirm that putting these in the trash wouldn't mess up something in a user's profile?

OP
spudd4242
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I am about as frustrated now as i think I can get. This is driving me nuts. Is there something that would stop the mac from recognizing the password?

Reaction score
So spudd the other macs can see the problem mac's mounted share on the network, is that correct?

OP
spudd4242
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
got it fixed

Okay, well I got it fixed, but not the way I wanted to. Ultimately, I had to go into the modem setup and deny access to ALL clients and then individually add the mac address for each computer, including a pc that is on the network. Thanks for the ideas and input, it is appreciated

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.