Just thought I'd share a story

B

brody

Sent my powerbook in 2 weeks ago for ghostly white spots issue on the screen. It was back 2 days later with a new screen. I was very impressed with the screen in the first place....I had never had any other problems and the white spots didn't bother me that much, but i figured i'd get it fixed anyway. I was also impressed with how fast they got it back to me. So i get it back and immediately notice a dead pixel in the middle of the screen. not a big deal, but it's kinda hard NOT to notice. it's now a week later, and I have 4 dead pixels. all scattered around the screen. i called apple, and was very nice with them, but as i thought....the screen will not be replaced. they made a record of my call and said if it gets much worse it might be replaced. so basically i exchanged a kinda sketchy screen for another kinda sketchy screen.

the point of this story: i'm not sure. just thought i'd let people know if they are thinking about buying a powerbook, that there are issues with the screen. it kinda sucks.

However, it's well worth the other benefits of owning a powerbook. This is the best comp. i have owned regardless of the inconsistency of the screen. I wonder if the problem with ones currently being sold is fixed, or if the 12 inch is any better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
must be that model because i have the 15" from right before your update and have had no problems with it in 6 months

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Ti PB G4 867MHz 1GB RAM 10.4.6
I have had small, very small "blips" on my screen for a while. I opened an all black test image in graphic converter, and noticed at least 10 of the **** things, one of them is even red.

Oh well, as long as they don't reproduce, or grow bigger.

Maybe a new screen would be a good thing to get, since I paid for the warantee through Compusa.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
GT something i have read is that if you massage the area of the dead pixels sometimes they will be fixed

OP
C

chris041067

i have had no problems with my screen so far, and i got my pb about a month ago. I think maybe there are just small batches of screens that got out that are messed up. And apple told me that for 3 months after the purchase, i can get anything the breaks replaced, including the screen, without apple care....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
chris041067 said:
And apple told me that for 3 months after the purchase, i can get anything the breaks replaced, including the screen, without apple care....

Thats because every new apple comes with 90 days of free applecare

OP
H

hokiethang

trpnmonkey41 said:
must be that model because i have the 15" from right before your update and have had no problems with it in 6 months

Yup same here, mine has been just perfect for the last 9 months i have had it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.