Covert Safari Plugin won't load or uninstall

Reaction score
Hi,

If you can help I would be very grateful. For some time Safari (v4.0.3) (since an update of OS Tiger) - began to show a plugin error when opening

- plugin not loaded error message -
The plugin in question is listed in the message as - (null) (null) (v0.62)

So it has no actual name and is therefore hard to find in the installed plugins list in safari

causes me no pain really, just bugs me that I cannot resolve the issue, as I am a bit geeky and want my mac to run smoothly as it usually does except for the covert plugin.

I have followed these steps to no avail:

1. Removed all plugins from system drive library
2. Removed all plugins from user library
3. Removed Safari plist file

So I cannot see why or where the problem resides. (Or indeed what to call it!!!)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If you have either of these, remove them.

AcidSearch
Safari Stand

IF you still have the error, look for and remove SIMBL in:

Library/Application Support
Library/Input Managers
Users//Library/Application Support
Users//Library/Input Managers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
You have an old version of SIMBL installed; the current version is 0.8.2 and it's located in /Library/InputManagers or Home/Library/InputManagers. You need to remove it or update it with the current version.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thank you

Hi Guys,

Thanks to both of you - I downloaded and swapped out the SIMBL version - this had the effect of changing the error message to (AcidSearch) (null).

I then found AcidSearch in Applications Support and threw it to the lions in the trash:)

Worked first time, many thanks for the help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.