gmail and mac mail help please

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
Hi all, I have been using the mail app on os X for months now to check my gmail acct using pop. It has been working flawlessly for months. Now all of a sudden it wont check my gmail. I didnt do anything in my keychain, or manipulatye my acct settings in any way whatsoever. Yet, everytime I try to have mail check it, I get an error message and it says "The server error encountered was: The connection to the server “pop.gmail.com” on port 110 timed out" I tried reprogamming mymail acct but to no avail. I am at a loss as to how to fix this. Anyone else having this problem? or better yet anyone know how to fix it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PB G4
Try changing the port to 995.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
Tried changing port. I tried port 587, and every other port number that I can find online. It was my understanding that the port only affected outgoing mail. I cant send or recieve mail. I am using mail to access another one of my mail accts and it works without a problem. This is driving me crazy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.